14 Jun 2012

The Sleep Monster















The sleep monster
Is his name
And stealing sleep
Is his game.

He likes to play
At mid-night
But also comes
Out in light.

A Chame-le-on
He can be
A lit-tle tooth
Brea-king free.

A sore tum-my
You can't see
But he's in there
Tick-ling me.

He tells the sun
To burn bright
So it's hard to
Sleep at night.

On mums' eye-lids
He pulls down
Until she's wear-ing
Quite the frown.

Then he piles up
All the sleep
He's coll-ec-ted
In a heap.

Count-ing how many
Hours he's won
While he has had
So much fun.

But for my mum
He comes back
With a life-line
Pow-er nap!

The sleep monster
Is his game
And stealing sleep
Is his game.


Photo credit: http://saraweingartner.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Awesome poem, very cool. You actually managed to make me smile about something that usually causes me to pull out my hair. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete