26 Jun 2012

My friend, the whirlwind.











I have a friend
Who you can't see
She's invisible
But not to me


She stands up tall
And spins around
Her arms and legs
Don't touch the ground.

Her name? Whirlwind
She follows me
All around my
House so you see

In the kitchen
We open drawers
Pull out knives, spoons
And all the forks

Pile up pots, pans
Plates and saucers
And splash around
In the water.

Washing machine
It isn't free
From the clothes we
Pile up with glee.

Moving onto
The bathroom too
Paint with toothpaste
Don't flush the loo.

The bedroom looks
A little scared
When it sees us
Approaching there.

Hide and seek we
Play with the clothes
Until they pile up
All over our toes.

The living room
Says bring it on
And the carpet
Joins in the fun.

Crumbs from cookies
We've eaten there
And all our toys
That we did share.

When my mummy
Sees all this mess
I feel I should
And do confess.

It was not me
Mum, that did it
It was the whirl-
Wind that did hit.

And so completes
Another round
Another climb
The housework mound.


Photo credit: http://blog.charitynavigator.org/2011_08_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment