7 Jul 2012

An ode to the Bath

We never really got on that well, did we Bath? I mean we weren't enemies or anything but we didn't really spend that much time together. We didn't have the opportunity to find out if we had anything in common. Let's be honest with eachother though. I thought you were boring. I know you were hurt because I didn't appreciate you.

Sorry Bath. I was wrong, but I was different back then, before I was a mother. I was selfish and I didn't even realise it. I thought I was always busy, that I didn't have time for you. Now you don't have time for me. You're too busy with toys and bubbles to have time for aromatherapy oils, magazines and candles. It's true what they say, that you 'don't realise what you've lost until it's gone'.

Bath, I now know what you mean to me. I want to let you know just how much I need you. I love that when I sink into you, you encourage me to let out a little sigh of contentment. How you manage to massage every single one of my muscles simultaneously. I love hearing the slow fizzle of the bubbles around my ears. I appreciate that you drown out all calls of my name when I sink below the surface.

Bath, I'm hoping we can be friends again. Maybe we could start with a Saturday morning when the other half  is home to babysit?

A dutiful mother.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha I could have written this myself. I can't remember the last time I had a bath (don't worry, I do shower!)...I think it was when I was pregnant with my first over 3.5 years ago! Now our main bathroom is full of ducks and kids toys :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3.5 years is way too long. You need a babysitter so you can reacquaint yourself. Would it be weird to get a babysitter so you can have a bath?! Watch out for the ducks though.

      Delete
  2. This is great :-) I've never been a big bath lover (preferring showers) but what I wouldn't give to have the choice more often. I hate our bath as it's so uncomfortable but nothing beats one when you need to really relax especially when achey. Even if I make it in my toddler spoils the peace! and the toys usually always fall on me, grrr :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think the choice is key. If I had the choice I probably wouldn't be interested. Grass is always greener and all that.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post! So true. I am so sorry to our tub. I should have appreciated you more.

    ReplyDelete