19 Dec 2013

Activity challenge #4 Indoor sandcastles

Last week, Miss F and I went to visit her cousin in London.  Not far from my Sister's house is a park with a sand pit base. Yes, I know it's the middle of winter but we went nonetheless armed with buckets and spades. The children had a great time. Whats not to love about sliding into a giant sandcastle?!

After returning home Miss F constantly talked about the sandpit. In fact it was all she spoke about for days. Now, we are garden-less and the nearest sandpit to us is in, well, London.  So, I recreated the experience for her inside instead.  I will admit it got a little messy but Miss F absolutely loved it. 

So, what did I do? I filled a large tray with a few bags of economy cheap flour and some seashells that I'd bought some time ago. We set about filling little buckets (I used stacking cups) to make little sandcastles, finishing them off with little straws for flags. Miss F had a blast so it was completely worth the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment